An interview with Luca Boddaert – Tailored Cleaning Solutions.
1. Kindly give our readers an introduction to your business.
Tailored Cleaning Solutions is a local deep carpet and upholstery cleaning company, with the plan to expand in the near future. Tailored Cleaning Solutions provides disinfectant services and is currently based around Surrey and West / South London and Greater London.
2. Kindly give us a brief description about yourself
I am a hard working individual that’s enjoys a challenge, having 5 GCSE’s and a full time job whilst setting up my cleaning company, I am determined to succeed.
I have carried out numerous training courses and have now achieved 3 certifications in carpet and upholstery cleaning.
I am also proud to be a member of the NCCA (National Carpet Cleaning Association) after completing the necessary requirements, training and exams.
3. How did the idea for your business come about?
I had seen companies that had been built from the ground and shaped into successful businesses. I wanted this for myself, cleaning companies can continually expand with the correct training, so ideally for me, having a company that can grow bigger and better was the big dream.
4. What inspired you to (start a new business venture) or (to make significant changes in an existing business)?
I was inspired by my Grandad, he is an extremely hard worker and always told me growing up ‘work for yourself, be your own boss and make yourself a success’. This inspired me to take the plunge into setting up a business independently and slowly watching it grow.
5. How many hours do you work a day on average?
Around 7 hours a day. 6 days per week, stretching to 7 if required by customers and clients.
6. To what do you most attribute your success?
Being determined and never giving up, even when times get tough.
7. How do you go about marketing your business? What has been your most successful form of marketing?
As a business, we market in social media and from word of mouth, we have been most successful in word of mouth marketing.
Friends telling friends about our company has really caused a rise in business.
8. What is the best way to achieve long-term success?
This is not yet applicable to our business as we wouldn’t class ourselves as a long-term successful business as we have been running for less than a year.
However, we hope to eventually be able answer this question.
9. Where do you see yourself and your business in 5 – 10 years?
In 5-10 years we see our business being the best in the local area we are based, we would also hope to have a higher client and customer intake a week and provide additional cleaning services on top of the carpet and upholstery cleaning, being successful is a long term goal and dream we all have at Tailored Cleaning Solutions.
10. How important have good employees been to your success?
Very important, a good business needs hard workers and trustworthy employees to make a business’s reputation stand out from the rest.
11. What motivates you?
Customer satisfaction is the most important motivator in cleaning companies. We also are motivated by good results and brilliant reviews on our hard work.
12. How do you generate new ideas?
We always try and think outside of the box. Imagining ourselves as the customer generally helps, and always trying to improve and better our business and what we already have.
13. How do you build a successful customer base?
Word of mouth is very important, providing an excellent service for one customer can potentially gain you 20 more. We always ensure that we give 110% to each and every customer.
14. Do you believe there is some sort of pattern or formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
No, each person and each business is entirely different. A potentially successful business comes from drive and excellence in performance and customer satisfaction.
15. What are some of the biggest mistakes you’ve made?
One mistake that really effects me is not starting the business earlier. After years and years of planning and talking about potentially setting up the business, I realised when I finally made the plunge I had wasted 2 years just thinking about it.
16. What sacrifices have you had to make to be a successful entrepreneur?
One sacrifice that stands out is free time, each and every spare moment is spent making my business the best it can be, whether this be a small idea or a big one, or maybe just some paperwork. We are constantly striving to be the best in what we do.
17. What carpet cleaning method do you use?
We use all different types of carpet and upholstery cleaning methods, this of course depends on the fabric itself and the condition it’s in when we arrive on site, we are always happy to explain the methodology we will use before the start if customers wish to know, such as hot water extraction, low moisture, or dry compound cleaning.
18. How long have you been in business?
Less than a year.
19. Do you use products that are certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute?
All of our products are tested and certified before use.
20. What should a homeowner look for in upholstery cleaning companies?
Within the upholstery sector of cleaning businesses, customers should look for trusted and approved companies with certification. Also, friendly and professional companies, with the correct insurance and promising reviews.
21. Does your cleaning process or method remove all stains on carpet?
No stain is 100% proven to be removed during our cleaning process, but as we always say, if we can’t remove the stain then nothing and nobody else will be able too.
22. Do you carry workman’s compensation insurance on all of your employees?
23. Aren’t all carpet cleaning companies roughly the same? What do you think?
No, not all carpet cleaning companies have the relevant training and qualifications to carry out the level of excellence that some companies provide.
24. What awards or certifications has your company earned?
Professional Carpet Cleaning
Professional Upholstery Cleaning
Spot and Stain Removal
25. Do you guarantee your work, and for how long?
We guarantee our work will provide you with the best of our training and ability.
We often advise our customers to have their carpets and upholstery cleaned every 6-8 months (dependant on customer accidents and spills on fabric between this time)